The Presbyterian Church was completed on September 1, 1895 and included both a bell and an organ. Church members were happy to report that the church had already paid off their mortgage, helped in part by the donation of the land by J.A. Lehnherr in 1890. Several church buildings in Myrtle Point were constructed on the same plans, but this is the only remaining example which survives.
The original location of the church was on Spruce street, where the Spruce street grammar school was later located (now a vacant lot). In November of 1901, the church was rolled down the hill on myrtlewood logs to its present location by Thomas Krewson of Coquille.
In 1929 an addition on the east side of the building was added and included a large social room, a kitchen, and two classrooms. In 1949 the kitchen was remodeled; in 1951 a new shingle roof was put on the church building and the manse and the church were painted. Sheetrock was installed in the inside of the building in 1952. In 1957 there were many improvements to the sanctuary, including new oak pews, pulpit and communion table. Walnut paneling was installed over the old wainscot and a new walnut panel was installed on the choir loft. Additional improvements were made to the entry, where the old wooden steps were replaced with brick and cement and a porch with a wrought iron railing was added. The organ was replaced with a new one between 1957 and 1965.